[vdr] bug in channels.conf.terr?

Marx acc.for.news at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:49:47 CET 2013

I think it touches some bigger problem - the need of scanning.
I don't like scan and I doesn't see any need to do it myself on dvb-s
(dvb-t works ok). Scanning is full of problems. There aren't unified
version of (x)zap (I use command line only). Quality of scan is
different on different cards and takes time. You need fresh transponder
list or you ends up with incomplete channel list. Channel names are
often silly and doesn't match real names. Your channels aren't grouped
in any usable way (channels you pay are often from multiple providers).
You often need to look for proper channel (there are dosen of Disney
channels for example). Channels are randomly sorted so you need to
manually sort it. You ends up with ton of useless channels like "arabic
sex" and you need to dig channels you need.
What I would like to have is scraper for KingOfSat which is probably
most up-to-date sat channels database. I would prefer to filter this
database by provider, sat name etc and produce channels.conf based on
it. There would be need to keep some preferences, like list of FTA
channels, sorting etc but that way making fresh channels.conf would be
fast, easy, and productive.
Marx