Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Tue Feb 19 09:07:58 CET 2013

On 18.02.2013 21:51, Dominic Evans wrote:
> On 16 February 2013 10:48, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> So it will remain broken. Thats sad, I provided the patch already
>>> before release of 1.7.37.
>>
>> Well, according to Christopher Reimer it isn't broken:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2013-January/027173.html
>
> Well. If you wanted to install different VDR versions to
> /opt/vdr-$APIVERSION, you might have compiled with
> PREFIX=/opt/vdr-$APIVERSION, and the header files would end up at
> /opt/vdr-$APIVERSION/include which obviously isn't on the default
> search path. Unless I'm misreading Christopher's e-mail just seemed to
> say that this patch didn't make a difference to the problem he
> described - that doesn't mean its not potentially useful.

If you do this, you will obviously have built VDR with LCLBLD=1
(and a copy of Make.config.template), in which case /opt/vdr-$APIVERSION/include
will be in the vdr.pc file as part of the CXXFLAGS.
Since you will need to build your plugins with

make VDRDIR=/opt/vdr-$APIVERSION

this will read /opt/vdr-$APIVERSION/vdr.pc and everything should work just fine.

> Even if you don't add INCDIR directly to the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS you could
> add it to the pkg-config variables dumped into vdr.pc so that plugin
> authors can use it if they need it. Currently its not available in
> either place.

This has also been suggested here:

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board1-news/board2-vdr-news/p1127697-announce-vdr-developer-version-1-7-38/#post1127697

so if there are two more people who ACK this, I'll add it for the next version.

Klaus