[vdr] info file

Marx acc.for.news at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:10:39 CET 2013

Hello
Would it be possible to somewhat generate nfo file automatically with
each recording? I know vdrnfofs which do it on-the-fly and I imagine
such file could be generated automatically (optionally) with each
recording. It seems very easy, because such nfo contains only title and
plot.
The idea after it is that vdrnfofs doesn't allow editing of nfo, while
such nfo generated automatically by VDR could be freely editable. And
also it would be possible to download fanart etc to recording directory.
I know VNSI and that it works well with XBMC (allows for quite good
scraping) but I would prefer offline metadata.
There are times when I work on VDR switching it off and then recordings
are unavailable for XBMC. If hardware brokes - VDR even doesn't start
complaining for lack of hardware. And I can't fine tune my nfo file when
scraper do something ot fully or wrong.
Maybe it's idea for new plugin?
Marx