[vdr] vdr-sxfe does only react to lowercase letters

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Wed Jan 2 22:29:19 CET 2013

On 02.01.2013 21:19, cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use vdr-sxfe to watch TV. This works great, but when I acidently leave
> caps lock on, VDR does not react to keys anymore. VDR only reacts to keys
> not affected by caps lock, like space, esc F1 and so on. I use a wireless
> keyboard, so I don't have a caps lock light.
>
> Where in VDR are the keystrokes handled?

cKbdRemote::ReadKeySequence()

> Would you accept a patch that adds handling for upper case keys?

VDR reacts on the keys you told it when learning the remote control.
It shouldn't have to "equalize" character case. Besides, it's probably
not such a good idea to use actual characters for controlling VDR,
because then you can't use these keys for entering texts any more.

Klaus