[vdr] UPnP/DLNA media server plugin for the VDR

Denis Loh denis.loh at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:07:38 CET 2013

Am 04.01.2013 18:48, schrieb Brian-Imap:
> Hi,
> this looks to be pretty interesting.
> So where exactly does it fit in between XVDR, VNSI, streamdev, etc.
XVDR and VNSI are primarily used by XBMC to watch live-tv and
recordings. VOMP is used by Hauppauge and Raspberry products.

Streamdev is more or less the only plugin which is independent from any
devices using it. This is why it is used by the UPnP plugin for live tv
and later for recordings as well.

> I just bought a Samsung smart TV, haven't found a single DLNA
> music server that it could receive music from (sure I've heard about
> updating the headers that are sent from the server), still none of
> them worked with the TV.
> Seems I could watch VDR directly on the TV without any kind of Set-Top
> box inbetween with this plugin.
Yes, exactly. I have two Samsung TVs. So, it should work.

> Cheers Brian
Cheers Denis