[vdr] UPnP/DLNA media server plugin for the VDR

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Sat Jan 5 09:26:26 CET 2013

On 01/04/2013 07:48 PM, Brian-Imap wrote:
> Hi,
> this looks to be pretty interesting.
> So where exactly does it fit in between XVDR, VNSI, streamdev, etc.
>
> I just bought a Samsung smart TV, haven't found a single DLNA
> music server that it could receive music from (sure I've heard about
> updating the headers that are sent from the server), still none of them
> worked with the TV.
> Seems I could watch VDR directly on the TV without any kind of Set-Top
> box inbetween with this plugin.

Samung has some bug's in their handling of upnp messages and therefore a
MediaTomp requires for example a small patch so that samsung tv is able
to show the media listing and play the recordings.

I patched the Mageia's mediatomb-0.12.1-4.mga2.src.rpm version with the
attached patch (found somewhere from the net) and at least Samsung 6305
with newest software works now ok with mediatomb.

Mika