[vdr] half-viewed recordings, can they be moved at the top of the list?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Tue Jan 8 23:38:20 CET 2013

On 08.01.2013 22:47, Mika Laitio wrote:
>> I don't think it's difficult to do right at all to be honest. You can
>> just make user-defined thresholds so the the user can decide himself
>> how many mins or % of the total recording triggers the partial-view
>> and viewed flags. For example one guy might want:
>>
>> not-viewed: <5% viewed
>> partial-viewed: 5%+ viewed
>> viewed: 95%+ viewed
>>
>> and another guy could customize it differently such as <10%, 10%+,
>> 99%+...  This way the user gets the 3 flags and gets to decide when
>> they're triggered. I think this would satisfy the majority/most users
>> with low difficulty to implement.
>
> Percentages would not work well as 5% is much more from 20 minute
> recording than 2 hour movie.
>
> But a little related to this, I think it would be great if there could
> be some kind of short cut for command that one could use after watching
> the recording to cut away end of the recording. So when ending texts
> start, one key press would just cut rest away and also stop the viewing.

I could imagine the following:

- define a User0 key on your remote control (or User1, 2, ... 9)

- in keymacros.conf add a line
   User0 0 7 0 9 2 Stop

When you press the User0 key during replay it should then

- set a mark at the current position
- jump to the very beginning of the recording
- set a mark at the beginning
- jump back to where you stopped viewing
- start the