[vdr] DVB_API_VERSION problem

Leo Márquez vdr at leo.cat
Sat Jan 12 00:50:13 CET 2013

Dear all,

I'm trying to build vdr-1.7.35.
I know that it requires at least a DVB driver with api version 5.3 or
higher. For this reason I downloaded and compiled the V4L-DVB dvb drivers
from linuxtv.org.
The process seems to be completed ok, I restarted to be sure the new driver
is used and I also created a Make.config file in the vdr folder in order to
specify the DVBDIR but VDR is still complaining about the DVB_API_VERSION.

At this time I'm a little bit confused and I'm not sure if I'm using the
new driver or not. Is there a way to check if I'm using a dvb api version
5.3 or higher?
If I check the DVB api version and it is ok, what can I do next?

I'm using debian squeeze with kernel 2.6.32.

Thank you very much.

Leo