Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Tue Jan 22 11:59:59 CET 2013

On 20.01.2013 20:24, Andreas Brachold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think into vdr.pc is parameter includedir= missed, if $(INCDIR) not a
> standard directory.
>
> After a recreating of a new PLUGIN Makefile, building from vdr root
> directory work, but i can't build plugin from own directory.
>
> #> cd PLUGINS/src/dvdswitch/
> #> make all
>
> g++ -g -O0 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"dvdswitch"'  -o
> dvdswitch.o dvdswitch.c
> dvdswitch.c:10:24: fatal error: vdr/plugin.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make: *** [dvdswitch.o] Error 1

If you have an installed version of VDR on your system (i.e. there is
a vdr.pc file in /usr/share/pkgconfig) and you 'make' a plugin from
within the plugin's source directory, the information stored in that
vdr.pc file will be used.
If, in such a scenario, you want to build the plugin using VDR header
files from the VDR source directory, you need to do

   make VDRDIR=/path/to/your/vdr/source

If you want to be able to build a plugin from within its source directory,
and use the VDR source from ../../.. without setting the VDRDIR macro, you
need to make sure that there is no vdr.pc in /usr/share/pkgconfig.

Klaus