[vdr] Livebuffer for VDR 2.0

René linuxtv at hertell.com
Thu Jul 11 19:54:44 CEST 2013

On 25.03.2013 18:22 , VDR User wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM, EikeSauer at t-online.de
> <EikeSauer at t-online.de> wrote:
>> Klaus said that he thinks about internal livebuffer functionality in VDR
>> after 2.0.
>
> There have been discussions here about the best way to add it to VDR.
> As long as it can be turned off and/or sent to ram instead of
> harddisk, I think it would be a great feature to add. While I couldn't
> care less about livebuffer personally, it does seem to be a popular
> wish-list item. I'd even say up there with solid native client/server
> support.

Hi all!

Any progress with this feature? Is there any checklist available for
this? I would have some whishes that i think are pretty practical. Maybe
someone has more ideas that i have forgot..

  * Option to choose between RAM / HDD
  * Option to pick the amount of memory / HDD to use
  * Option to warn if you switch channel and you are watching the buffer
(eg. "You are watching from the buffer. Changing channel will delete the
current buffer")
  * Being able to rewind just by hitting the back/rewind button without
pressing Ok or something else first.
  * When watching the livebuffer, and you notice that you want to save
the curent progarm, you should be able to save the tv-program from
either the beginning of the buffer, or then if the buffer is longer,
from the beginning of where the program started. This way you will be
able to save the whole progra (movie etc.)
  * Option to keep X amounts of HDD-buffers after changing channels.
Then in the recording meny would be an entry where you could watch these
buffers, and possibly save them as a recording afterwards.

Best Regards,

René