[vdr] Livebuffer for VDR 2.0

Johannes Truschnigg johannes at truschnigg.info
Thu Jul 11 21:51:07 CEST 2013

Hi list,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 08:54:44PM +0300, René wrote:
> [...]
> Hi all!
>
> Any progress with this feature? Is there any checklist available for
> this? I would have some whishes that i think are pretty practical.
> Maybe someone has more ideas that i have forgot..
>
>  * Option to choose between RAM / HDD

I don't think that's actually necessary. Make the file-based lifebuffer
feature rock-solid; if users want to have the buffer in RAM, make them mount a
tmpfs for that purpose. Should lead to simpler code and, in turn, less bugs :)

>  * Option to pick the amount of memory / HDD to use
>  * Option to warn if you switch channel and you are watching the
> buffer (eg. "You are watching from the buffer. Changing channel will
> delete the current buffer")
>  * Being able to rewind just by hitting the back/rewind button
> without pressing Ok or something else first.
>  * When watching the livebuffer, and you notice that you want to
> save the curent progarm, you should be able to save the tv-program
> from either the beginning of the buffer, or then if the buffer is
> longer, from the beginning of where the program started. This way
> you will be able to save the whole progra (movie etc.)
>  * Option to keep X amounts of HDD-buffers after changing channels.
> Then in the recording meny would be an entry where you could watch
> these buffers, and possibly save them as a recording afterwards.

All these would be very nice to have indeed.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes at truschnigg.info )

www:   http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes at truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.