[vdr] recording problem: two timers on same channel are using both tuners of S2-6400

Seeberg-Hinrichs, Ingo iseeberg at gmx.de
Sun Jun 23 21:35:29 CEST 2013

Hello everybody,

during my periodic recording of "Criminal Minds" on SAT.1 (on Thursdays)
I have periodically the situation that both tuners are blocked and I
cannot view other channels at live TV. The first recording has not yet
ended, the next recording on the same channel is starting minutes before
the transmission of the next episode.

Timer 1: 20:12 - 21:20, Channel 5 (Sat.1)
Timer 2: 21:12 - 22:20, Channel 5 (Sat.1)

No live TV on other transponders is possible (RTL, ARD, others).
I am wondering whether other users also have this problem using VDR 2.0.2.

If I remember it right the behavior was okay prior the final releases
and the release candidates before. But I cannot specify it definitively.
I am unsure about this may have to do with bonding changes (bonding does
not apply in my simple environment), or about the fix introduced in VDR
1.4.42 (fix pending timers). Perhaps it's even older and I did not
realize because we do not watch that much live TV :-)

Best regards,
Ingo

PS: at this opportunity I would say many thanks to everybody
contributing to this great project, good job at developing this great
piece of software!