Manfred Schmidt-Voigt manfred.schmidt-voigt at mannitec.de
Mon Mar 4 10:38:00 CET 2013

On 04.03.2013 10:18, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 04.03.2013 10:03, André Weidemann wrote:
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> On 03.03.2013 14:46, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>
>>> - When sorting recordings by name, folders are now always at the top of
>>> the list.
>>
>> I installed 1.7.39 last night and the new sorting is what bugs me
>> most. Would it be possible to introduce an option for the sorting
>> order under settings in the menu? I prefer the sorting the way it was,
>> because with the new method, a folder and a recording with the same
>> name are not next to each
>> other anymore. If you take the burn plugin e.g. I think it is rater
>> painful if you try to archive those "scattered" recordings.
>
> OK, I'll add a parameter to setup.conf. I've already suggested this here
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board17-developer/board97-vdr-core/p1130488-feature-request-sortierreihenfolge-verzeichnisse-zuerst-im-osd-unter-aufnahmen/#post1130488
>

> However, this won't show up in the Setup menu of version 2.0.0, because
> it's too late for
> introducing another i18n text (most of the *.po files are already
> complete).
>
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,
is it really necessary to make this sorting stuff configurable? Is it
not better just to stick to "0" for toggeling though all these different
Sort Algorithms (date up/down, lexicalic up/down, lexicalic filemanager
style up/down,...). Sometimes, when I search for an recording (a 8TByte
Raid could held a lot of recordings) it could also be helpfull to have a
list only with all recordings without directories (only with the title
base dir of this recording), also again with up down. I think its more
important to have a config possibility for the columns to show ( yes I
like "extrec"-Plugin also for the renaming facility). And the more
people you ask, the more strange sort wishes you will get...

But its only a suggestion, feel free to implement "your" style.

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------
-----                        www.mannitec.de                       -----