[vdr] read-only video directory

Stephan Loescher loescher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 8 19:35:46 CET 2013

Hi!

>> The VDR-client is started this way:
>> vdr -Pstreamdev-client -Pxineliboutput -v /video
>
> Thanks, now I understand: /video is writable by vdr. I don't want
> that: the client sees the same setup files (also the timers) as the
> server, so the client would try to record the same as the server.

No. The setup, timers, etc. from the server are all in the clients
/video/server directory. The client does not use them, because they are
not in its video-root-direcory.

When you use the suggested solution with unionfs, then the client uses
the servers setup/timers/epg/etc. because it sees them in its
/video-directory.

Regards,
Stephan.

loescher at gmx.de