Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Mar 24 23:22:30 CET 2013

On 24.03.2013 23:17, René wrote:
> On 23.03.2013 13:16 , Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> VDR developer version 1.7.42 is now available at
>>
>>        ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.42.tar.bz2
>>
>> A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
>>
>>        ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.41-1.7.42.diff
>
> Hi Klaus,
> I'm sorry for asking a stupid question. I noticed that the vdr.pc that get's generated has a wrong apiversion for the 1.7.42 version. I wonder if this is right, because i noticed that the plugins endling up under PLUGINS/lib have the 1.7.41 version instead of 1.7.42..

The apiversion is not wrong. Since there has been no change to the API,
the version number has not been incremented.
See config.h:

// When loading plugins, VDR searches them by their APIVERSION, which
// may be smaller than VDRVERSION in case there have been no changes to
// VDR header files since the last APIVERSION. This allows compiled
// plugins to work with newer versions of the core VDR as long as no
// VDR header files have changed.

Klaus