[vdr] Problems with VDSB, how to automate in SYSLOG

Brian-Imap Brian_Dorling at t-online.de
Sun May 12 13:39:23 CEST 2013

On 28.04.2013 19:45, Udo Richter wrote:
> Am 28.04.2013 16:52, schrieb Brian-Imap:
>> So you assume it was falsely triggering a VDSB thinking 30 secs had
>> passed when in fact the clock probably was adjusted instead?
> Its the only false alarm I know of, and would be an explanation why this
> happens on the start of a recording. Tuning to the channel for recording
> may activate the clock sync for that transponder, and cause a time jump
> once. All other explanations involve crappy driver/hardware or bad
> reception.
>
> There should be a log message indicating the clock sync.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Udo

Moin,
well I did have a problem in my rsyslog conf meaning I did sometimes
send a VDSB email when it should have been something else.
That is OK now. What I am seeing is the following:

May 11 23:39:24 localhost vdr: [4863] frontend 1/0 timed out while
tuning to channel 7, tp 210906

Where the channel and transponder are random.
I have three cards in my system, one is a Cine 2 that appears to provide
frontends 0/0 and 2/0,
FE 1/0 is my FF card. I picked out various tuning messages and used
FEMON to check that each
of the channels that had a problem could be tuned on each device, and
that gave me no problems.

I wonder if its just a transient thing?

I have the clock stuff setup as suggested and dont see any clock sync
messages, it is just set up to use ZDF now.

I guess I'll go back to an activated emergancy exit now to get the DVB
module load/unload back.

Cheers Brian