[vdr] Trouble with softdevice -vo dfb:mgatv OSD with vdr 2.0.4

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Sun Nov 3 21:01:54 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 11:19:48PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>If I change the assignment to isTrueColor=false, the square goes away
>and I will get the familiar gray rectangles on the screen (from the
>"else" block that I omitted above).

I did some further studying. The truecolor OSD was implemented early
2011. As far as I understand, the softdevice plugin is converting
palette-based bitmaps into an ARGB layer. There is a comment at the end
of the definition of class cOsd in osd.h that shows how the conversion
should be done.

It looks like I should simply follow this example, possibly implementing
some kind of threshold mapping on the Alpha channel in case the Matrox
does not implement 8-bit translucency but just a 1-bit transparency
flag. So, I will try to remove the palette mapping from SoftOsd.c and
replace the GetBitmap() call with the RenderPixmaps() loop.

Best regards,

	Marko