[vdr] Trouble with softdevice -vo dfb:mgatv OSD with vdr 2.0.4

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi
Mon Nov 4 07:42:41 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 05:25:36PM -0800, VDR User wrote:
>Have you tried softhddevice for output?
>http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdr-plugin-softhddevice.git/

It looks like this is based on the X server. I see no reference to
DirectFB in the README.txt or the Makefile.

The Matrox MGA450 is a very old graphics card. Also the computer is 11
or 12 years old, featuring a 900 MHz Celeron and 256 MB RAM. DirectFB
meets these requirements. I do not have plans to replace my Hauppauge
Nova-T PCI 90002 tuner(s) with DVB-T2 either, so I do not even care
about HDTV for now.

Thanks for the hint anyway! I could at least compare how the OSD is
implemented there.

Best regards,

	Marko