[vdr] VDR and folders

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Mon Nov 4 12:55:17 CET 2013

On 04.11.2013 12:45, Scott wrote:
> Sounds interesting, if I copy a video off my phone will I be able to see it in vdr without editing folders.conf?  I currently switch to xbmc to watch stuff recorded or copied outside of vdr .

If you copy it into a properly named directory/file structure, and the recording
is in a format that VDR can play, and you do "touch /video/.update" after copying
the recording, then it should work. The folders.conf file has nothing to do with
this. It is merely a list of folder names you might want to use frequently when
programming timers or moving recordings. It just helps you avoid unnecessary
typing.

Klaus