[vdr] freeze with ZDF HD and streamdev (solved)

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Thu Nov 14 00:13:07 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 12 2013, Peter Münster wrote:

> When watching ZDF HD (from Astra-19E), my vdr-2.0.4-streamdev-client
> freezes after about 10 seconds. When adding "-wX" to the command line,
> the watchdog works and makes vdr exit after X seconds.
>
> There is no such problem with "Das Erste HD" or "Arte HD".

Hi,

The problem was the output plugin xineliboutput version 2.0.0. It
installs the file /usr/lib64/xine/plugins/xineplug_inp_xvdr.so that was
overwritten by the vdr-xineliboutput-client rpm package version 1.0.90.csv
Thus there was a version mismatch.

Strange: everything worked very well, only the ZDF HD channel triggered
the problem...

Sorry for the noise,
--
           Peter