[vdr] Fix SIGNALSTRENGTH in vdr 2.0.3 TechniSat SkyStar 2 DVB-S rev 2.3P - dvbdevice.c

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Oct 13 11:53:15 CEST 2013

On 13.10.2013 11:00, guido.cordaro at tiscali.it wrote:
> Il 13/10/2013 10:51, guido.cordaro at tiscali.it ha scritto:
>> Thanks Klaus Schmidinger
>>
>> For having responded to my e-mail
>>
>> This' modified code that you send as an attachment ...
>>
>> Files created with " diff -urN <orig> <mod>> new.diff "

Can you please elaborate on these changes?
Why did you pull stuff like FE_HAS_..., BER and UNC (as used in GetSignalQuality()) into
GetSignalStrength()?
I can't accept the changes to Min- and MaxSignal in case of the "TT-budget S2-3200".
I have such cards and they work fine with the original values.

I'm really not sure what to make of your patch. It appears to me
like randomly winging in things that just may or may not work.
Unless you can give me some reasonable and clear arguments as to
why things should be changed that way, I'm afraid I can't accept this.

Klaus