[vdr] searching a HW problem

Vidar Tyldum vidar at tyldum.com
Sun Oct 13 20:33:08 CEST 2013

On 13. okt. 2013 18:14, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a VDR up and running, the SW works fine so far (at least i think so).
>
> Some recordings are half-corrupted, have breaks inbetween, bad sound, etc.
>
> The bad-quality problem is not related to a certain channel, i wonder how i
> can track this down.
>
> My hardware:
> 2 (TWO !) Terratec Cinergy PCI cards.  <-- two cards
> MSI C847 MS-E33 board

I gave up on this card. It has been about 2 years since I last tried it,
but the driver (mantis) had (and most likely still has) serious problems
with some DMA timeouts, IIRC.
Running irqbalance di help a little bit, but in the end I replaced the
cards with something less broken.

YMMV.

--
Vidar Tyldum