René linuxtv at hertell.com
Sun Oct 20 13:28:37 CEST 2013

On 19.10.2013 19:38 , Eike wrote:
> Hello!
>
>> Do you have any idea when you will start to implement the "livebuffer"
>> feature into VDR?
>
> I worked on rewriting Permashift to use a real live buffer the last weeks
> and when it's finished and tested I'd be happy if Klaus would consider
> adopting it.

Hi Eike,

This sounds like great news :-) What kind of features does premashif
have? Will you be able to choose where the timeshift will be written (eg
ram)? What about if you are watching a program, and realize that you
want to record it, will it copy the beginning of the program to the
recording if it's in the timeshift? And if i'm watching from the
timeshift, and i change accidentally the channel, will there be an
option that would warn me that i'm watching timeshift? :-)

Regards,

René