Eike EikeSauer at t-online.de
Sun Oct 20 15:49:58 CEST 2013

Hello!

> This sounds like great news :-) What kind of features does premashif
> have?

I guess you know the current state of Permashift? It records to disc
(but not to RAM) and already adds the recorded stuff to the beginning
of an instant recording. The warning you wanted could probably be
done with a hooked script triggered when switching. This version can be
fetched here:
http://ein-eike.de/vdr-plugin-permashift-english/

> Will you be able to choose where the timeshift will be written (eg
> ram)? What about if you are watching a program, and realize that you
> want to record it, will it copy the beginning of the program to the
> recording if it's in the timeshift? And if i'm watching from the
> timeshift, and i change accidentally the channel, will there be an
> option that would warn me that i'm watching timeshift? :-)

What I'm trying to do now is recording to RAM and putting this only
to disc when it's needed. While the basics are not that hard to do,
the real time needs of the VDR system are somewhat harder to cope
with. So I don't want to promise too much. But if it works out, it should
fit your needs.

Ciao,
		Eike