[vdr] searching a HW problem

Stephan Loescher loescher at gmx.de
Sun Oct 20 20:32:27 CEST 2013

Am 10/17/13 00:31, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> On 16.10.2013 21:23, Torsten Mohr wrote:
[...]
> This shows you which device was used for the recording.
>
>> Is there a way to code this into the recording name?
>
> No need to, just look it up in the log.

Oh, there could be a need to have the recording-device been noted in
e.g. the info-file.
I had this use case:
Several months ago one of my tuners on one of my three identical cards
went bad, resulting in drop-outs which caused pixel-artifacts and other
errors while replaying.
I have not the time to view my recordings soon after recording, so I
noticed the bad recordings several months after the first drop-out.
And it took me several weeks to find out the "bad card", so for this
case it would have been very helful to see via the info-file: Ah, it's
device number two which does always bad recodings since April with a
little grep.
Perhaps this could be an additional feature for vdr-development. :-)
And even more helpful would be to notice the name of the card instead of
the device number which is subject to change between reboots. Or even both.

Regards,
Stephan.

loescher at gmx.de
http://www.loescher-online.de/