[vdr] vdr --edit ignoring videodir

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Fri Sep 27 16:38:20 CEST 2013

On 27.09.2013 16:24, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> When using vdr in non-deamon mode with "--edit" to just cut a recording it seems the videodir is being ignored and the output will be stored along the original path (of course with a % in front of the name).
>
> Is this behaviour intentional or a bug/missing feature?

This is the intended behavior. It works exactly the same way as if
initiating the cutting process from replay.

> If its intentional I would suggest to mention it in the documentation/manual,

MANUAL:

* Editing a Recording
   The new file will have the same name as the original recording, preceded with
   a '%' character (imagine the '%' somehow looking like a pair of scissors ;-).

Klaus