[vdr] Logs from building VDR 2.1.3 with Clang 3.4.1

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 9 09:12:37 CET 2014

Dear Klaus,

thanks a lot for your quick reaction and for addressing the issues!

Am Samstag, den 08.02.2014, 13:51 +0100 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> On 08.02.2014 09:59, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > building VDR 2.1.3 with Clang 3.4.1 the warnings below are shown.
> >
> > Most warnings look like they can be ignored. Maybe you can spot
> > something, which should be fixed.
> >
> >          $ clang --version
> >          Debian clang version 3.4-1 (tags/RELEASE_34/final) (based on LLVM 3.4)
> >          Target: i386-pc-linux-gnu
> >          Thread model: posix
> >          $ CC=clang CXX=clang++ make
> >          […]
> >          clang: warning: treating 'c' input as 'c++' when in C++ mode, this behavior is deprecated
>
> You may want to find an option that suppresses this warning, because the file names of VDR (*.c)
> are not going to change.

I know your point of view on that one from the same issue with Cppcheck,
so I did not comment that warning. ;-)

Looking at the manual of Clang, the option below looks promising.

       -ObjC++
           Treat source input files as Objective-C++ inputs.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Also big thanks to Tony for helping addressing the warnings!