Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Feb 23 14:12:04 CET 2014

VDR developer version 2.1.5 is now available at

       ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-2.1.5.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous version is available at

       ftp://ftp.tvdr.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-2.1.4-2.1.5.diff

MD5 checksums:

ce561eef64c13e24e4817f70a6d9d5b0  vdr-2.1.5.tar.bz2
f433e78d90bc414bd9d858ca6e58e539  vdr-2.1.4-2.1.5.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

The changes since version 2.1.4:

- Now checking whether the primary device actually has a decoder before retuning the
   current channel after a change in its parameters. This fixes broken recordings on
   the primary device on "headless" systems.
- Increased MIN_TS_PACKETS_FOR_FRAME_DETECTOR to 100 and introduced counting the number
   of actual video TS packets in cTsPayload in order to be able to record channels that
   sometimes need even more than 10 TS packets for detecting frame borders (reported by
   Oliver Endriss).
- Fixed sorting recordings by time in the Recordings menu if "Setup/OSD/Recording
   directories" is set to "no".
- Fixed clearing non-editable members in the channel editor (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Further clarified the semantics of cCamSlot::Decrypt().
- Fixed flickering if subtitles are active while the OSD demo is running.
- Fixed numbering frames. Previously they were numbered starting from 1, while it
   is apparently standard to number them from 0. Any existing recordings with editing
   marks (which will now be off by one) can still be cut with all VDR versions from
   1.7.32, because these will automatically adjust editing marks to I-frames.
   Users of stable releases shouldn't notice any problems.
- Fixed a possible crash in the OSD demo (reported by Christopher Reimer).
- Fixed some compiler warnings with Clang 3.4.1 (reported by Paul Menzel).
- Added LinkageTypePremiere to libsi/si.h and eit.c to avoid a compiler warning with
   Clang 3.4.1 (suggested by Tony Houghten).
- Replaced the NULL pointer assignment in ~cReceiver() to force a segfault with
   a call to abort() (suggested by Tony Houghten).
- Fixed learning keyboard remote control codes (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Improved PAT/PMT scanning to speed up initial tuning to encrypted channels on
   transponders with many PAT entries (reported by Mariusz Bialonczyk).
- Fixed the replay progress display for very long recordings.
- Fixed detecting broken video data streams when recording.
- Fixed handling frame detection buffer length (reported by Eike Sauer).

Have fun!

Klaus