[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 2.1.3
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Jan 5 12:42:10 CET 2014
VDR developer version 2.1.3 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Originally I intended to release this version only after the new DiSEqC
configuration dialog was finished. But in the meantime quite a few other things
have come up, so I decided to postpone that dialog and first release what has
piled up so far.
The changes since version 2.1.2:
- Changed the return value of cPositioner::HorizonLongitude() to 0 in case the
latitude of the antenna location is beyond +/-81 degrees.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed some compiler warnings with gcc-4.6.3 (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Changed the name of the SVDRP command RENR to MOVR (suggested by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- When cutting a recording it is now checked whether there is already an edited
version of this recording (with the same name, but starting with '%'), and the
user is prompted for confirmation to overwrite it (suggested by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Revoked "Added maximum signal strength value for TechniSat SkyStar 2 DVB-S rev 2.3P"
because it broke things for the "TechniSat AirStar 2" DVB-T card.
- The LIRC remote control now connects to the socket even if it doesn't yet exist when
VDR is started (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Changed the absolute latitude limit for visible satellites to 81.2 degrees.
- Added code for parsing LCN and AVC descriptors to libsi (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- In the "Select folder" menu pressing Ok now selects the folder, even if this is a
folder that contains sub folders (marked with "..."). To open such a folder you
can press the Red key.
- Fixed a possible access to uninitialized data in cEIT::cEIT() (reported by Dominik
- The new menu category mcRecordingEdit is now used to mark menus that edit recording
properties (suggested by Stefan Braun).
- Changes in the teletext PID no longer cause retuning (and thus interrupting a
- Removed '_' from the FileNameChars and CharMap translations in uk_UA.po.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed a missing initialization in the c'tor of cSkinLCARSDisplayChannel (thanks to
- Simplified some conditional expressions in skinlcars.c and skinsttng.c (suggested
by Marko Mäkelä).
- Fixed uninitialized item area coordinates in cSkinLCARSDisplayMenu (reported by
- Fixed a possible crash if the recordings list is updated externally while the
Recordings menu is open (reported by Lars Hanisch).
- Added a missing closing ')' in the help and man page entry of the --vfat option
(reported by Lars Hanisch).
- Fixed setting the name of the video directory to avoid a crash when using --genindex,
and also to use the correct directory with --edit (the latter reported by Marko
- The Recordings menu can now be called with a cRecordingFilter, which allows the
caller to have it display only a certain subset of the recordings (thanks to Lars
- Added handling UTF-8 'umlaut' characters to cKbdRemote (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Made it clear that the Data parameter in cDevice::StillPicture() may point to a
series of packets, not just a single one (thanks to Thomas Reufer).
- cDevice::TrickSpeed() now has an additional parameter named Forward, which indicates
the direction in which replay is being done (suggested by Thomas Reufer). This
information may be necessary for some output devices in order to properly implement
trick modes. Authors of plugins that implement output devices will need to add this
parameter to their derived cDevice class, regardless of whether they will make use
of it or not.
- Added a note to ePlayMode in device.h that VDR itself always uses pmAudioVideo when
replaying a recording (suggested by Thomas Reufer).
- Fixed some spellings in positioner.h and Doxyfile (thanks to Ville Skyttä).
- Changed '%a' to the POSIX compliant '%m' in all scanf() calls (thanks to Ville
- The new function cCamSlot::Decrypt() can be used by derived classes to implement a
CAM slot that can be freely assigned to any device, without being directly inserted
into the full TS data stream in hardware. A derived class that implements Decrypt()
will also need to set the new parameter ReceiveCaPids in the call to the cCamSlot
base class constructor to true, in order to receive the CA pid TS packets that
contain data necessary for decrypting.
- Many member functions of cCamSlot have been made virtual to allow for easier
implementation of derived classes.
- cTSBuffer now provides the number of available bytes in its Get() function.
- cDvbDevice::GetTSPacket() now calls CamSlot()->Decrypt() in order to allow CAM slots
that can be freely assigned to any device access to the TS data stream.
- Added a check to avoid a possible NULL pointer dereference in cCiSession::SendData()
(reported by Ville Skyttä).
- Deleted a superfluous assignment in cPipe::Open() (reported by Ville Skyttä).
- The script given to VDR with the '-r' option is now also called after the recording
process has actually started (thanks to Christian Kaiser).
- Avoiding unnecessary pkg-config warnings in plugin Makefiles (thanks to Ville Skyttä).
Plugin authors may want to apply the following change to their Makefile:
-PKGCFG = $(if $(VDRDIR),$(shell pkg-config --variable=$(1) $(VDRDIR)/vdr.pc),$(shell pkg-config --variable=$(1) vdr || pkg-config --variable=$(1) ../../../vdr.pc))
+PKGCFG = $(if $(VDRDIR),$(shell pkg-config --variable=$(1) $(VDRDIR)/vdr.pc),$(shell PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:../../.." pkg-config --variable=$(1) vdr))
- Eliminated MAXDVBDEVICES (suggested by Oliver Endriss).
- Channels that are no longer contained in the current SDT of a transponder are now
marked with the keyword OBSOLETE in their name and provider fields. That way you can
identify obsolete channels when you switch to them, and you can get the complete
overview of all obsolete channels by sorting the Channels list by provider (by
pressing the 0 key twice). Automatic deletion of obsolete channels may follow later.
More information about the vdr