Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 6 09:59:16 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 05.01.2014 12:42, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> The changes since version 2.1.2:
>
> - Channels that are no longer contained in the current SDT of
>   a transponder are now marked with the keyword OBSOLETE in
>   their name and provider fields. That way you can identify
>   obsolete channels when you switch to them, and you can get the
>   complete overview of all obsolete channels by sorting the
>   Channels list by provider (by pressing the 0 key twice).
>   Automatic deletion of obsolete channels may follow later.

What about channels on transponders which no longer get a lock
while tuning, like S13.0E, 10930 H?

Shouldn't those channels be declared OBSOLTE too, when a SDT
hasn't been received?

Maybe this should only be done if the device doesn't have a lock
either, to avoid false positives.

But this still seems error prone -- looks like a more complex
solution is needed which keeps track of how often a transponder
has been seen dead over a certain period of time before declaring
these channels OBSOLETE (and later delete them automatically).

I don't know if it is worth to extend the file format of
channels.conf for that tracking, but at least in memory VDR could
keep track of that, starting from scratch whenever VDR is restarted.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de