[vdr] popcorn hour A110 / HDX 1000 as vdr client?

cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl cedric.dewijs at telfort.nl
Sat Jan 18 21:16:16 CET 2014

    I came across this german page, it looks like the A110 can be used as VDR client.
http://www.popcornforum.de/showthread.php?tid=5201&pid=176551#pid176551
Does anybody has experience with this ?
Is there other / better ways to use the popcorn hour A110 as a vdr client?
Kind regards,
Cedric
I have tried to run the above software on my device. It works, but it's slow. The way it works is that the code is compiled into a cgi. This cgi then asks stuff from the VDR server, makes a html page from it, and feeds it to the internal web browser. Then when you activate the link to the stream, the video processor will play the stream.
Starting the stream is slow, but the moving picture itself is smooth. (Tested with SD television scaled up to 1080p)
Playing recordings does not work, but watching live TV does.
If anybody is interrested, I will post a howto here.
Kind regards,
Cedric