[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR version 2.0.6 released
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Mar 22 12:13:42 CET 2014
VDR version 2.0.6 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This version fixes a few minor bugs that came up after the release of
The changes since version 2.0.5:
- Updated 'sources.conf' (thanks to Antti Hartikainen).
- cFont::CreateFont() now returns a dummy font in case there are no fonts installed.
This prevents a crash with the LCARS skin on a system that has no fonts.
- Fixed detecting frame borders in MPEG-2 streams that have "bottom fields" or varying
GOP structures (reported by Christian Paulick, with help from Helmut Auer).
- Fixed a wrong alignment in cCiDateTime::SendDateTime().
- Now checking whether the primary device actually has a decoder before retuning the
current channel after a change in its parameters. This fixes broken recordings on
the primary device on "headless" systems.
- Increased MIN_TS_PACKETS_FOR_FRAME_DETECTOR to 100 and introduced counting the number
of actual video TS packets in cTsPayload in order to be able to record channels that
sometimes need even more than 10 TS packets for detecting frame borders (reported by
Eike Sauer and Oliver Endriss).
- Fixed sorting recordings by time in the Recordings menu if "Setup/OSD/Recording
directories" is set to "no".
- Fixed clearing non-editable members in the channel editor (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed flickering if subtitles are active while the OSD demo is running.
- Fixed a possible crash in the OSD demo (reported by Christopher Reimer).
- Fixed learning keyboard remote control codes (thanks to Lars Hanisch).
- Fixed the replay progress display for very long recordings.
- Improved PAT/PMT scanning to speed up initial tuning to encrypted channels on
transponders with many PAT entries (reported by Mariusz Bialonczyk).
- Fixed detecting broken video data streams when recording.
- Fixed handling frame detection buffer length (reported by Eike Sauer).
- Fixed keeping the current position in the Recordings menu if a recording was
deleted in a sub folder.
- Fixed handling transfer mode on full featured DVB cards for encrypted channels
that have no audio pid (reported by Christian Winkler).
- Fixed a possible endless loop in cH264Parser::GetGolombUe(), which caused recordings
on some HD channels to get stuck and resulted in buffer overflows.
- Fixed handling PAT packets when detecting frames, so that they can be properly
taken into account when regenerating the index of a recording.
- Fixed adding new source types in case they are already registered (reported by Rolf
- Fixed drawing the live indicator in the LCARS skin in case there are no devices.
- The SDT is now only parsed *after* the NIT has been read, and it explicitly uses
the source value derived from the NIT. This should prevent new channels from being
created with the wrong source.
- Now initializing the isOnVideoDirectoryFileSystem member of cRecording when
scanning the video directory, so that it won't cause a delay when opening the menu
on a system with a large number of recordings.
- The APIVERSION has been increased to 2.0.6 due to the changes to pat.h, sdt.h and
the functional modification to cFont::CreateFont().
More information about the vdr