DEBIAN VDR Packages
From VDR Wiki
Revision as of 10:20, 20 July 2006 by Rwall
richard@vito:~$ aptitude search ^vdr p vdr - Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards v vdr-daemon - id vdr-dev - Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards v vdr-kbd - v vdr-lirc - p vdr-plugin-bitstreamout - Plugin to vdr for playing AC3-Sound via yo p vdr-plugin-console - Plugin for vdr that implements a virtual t p vdr-plugin-dvd - Plugin to vdr for playing DVD's p vdr-plugin-examples - Plugins for vdr to show some possible feat p vdr-plugin-femon - DVB frontend status monitor plugin for vdr p vdr-plugin-freecell - Plugin to vdr that implements the card gam p vdr-plugin-games - Plugin to vdr for playing tetris, snake an p vdr-plugin-mp3 - Plugin to vdr for playing mp3's p vdr-plugin-osdteletext - Teletext plugin for vdr p vdr-plugin-prefermenu - Plugin that implements a preferred channel p vdr-plugin-remote - Plugin for vdr to support the built-in rem p vdr-plugin-sky - Plugin for using a Sky Digibox with vdr p vdr-plugin-vcd - Plugin to vdr for playing (S)VCD's p vdr-plugin-weather - Weather plugin for vdr v vdr-rcu - p vdradmin - Web-based administration tool for vdr
- Use Aptitude or Synaptic to install the base "vdr" package and any plugins that interest you.
richard@vito:~$ sudo aptitude install vdr
- You will be prompted and asked to make decisions about:
- DVB kernel modules (in my experience DVB modules are automatically loaded)
- Default recordings directory (it recommends /var/lib/video.00 and asks to create it, I always say no and manually create a /srv/vdr folder, it's up to you)
- Choose your card type
- If you have a Full-featured DVB Card (one with a builtin MPEG decoder chip) then these packages will probably be all you need to get started.
- If on the other hand you have bought a so called budget DVB card, you will need to install a software decoder plugin. You can either compile and install it manually, or compile the latest Debian packaged version.