Difference between revisions of "Dxr3-plugin"
|Line 91:||Line 91:|
Revision as of 18:32, 13 March 2006
With the DXR3 plugin one can use DXR3/Hollywood+ cards as output devices for VDR. The bargain of a costly FullFeatured DVB card can be avoided.
- em8300 driver
- Linux kernel sources
To install FFMPEG
cd $SOURCEDIR tar -xvzf ffmpeg-<VERSION>.tar.gz cd ffmpeg-<VERSION> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local \ --enable-shared make make install ldconfig
Now the kernel sources has to be installed for the em8300 driver which is installed after it. If a normal release is used
cd $SOURCEDIR tar xvzf em8300-<VERSION>.tar.gz cd em8300-<VERSION> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local make make install cd modules make make install make devices
if the CVS version (recommended) is used
cd $SOURCEDIR cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/dxr3 login cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/dxr3 co em8300 cd em8300/modules make make install cd ../em8300setup gcc em8300setup.c -o em8300setup -I../include cp em8300setup /usr/local/bin
Before the plugin is installed after plugin installation, the plugins Makefile has to be adapted
- DVBDIR = ../../../../DVB + DVBDIR = ../../../DVB - FFMDIR = ../../../../ffmpeg + FFMDIR = /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
- There are incompatibilities in combination with ac3overdvb-patch and a channels.conf with DD-Audio-Pids
- The em8300 driver release cannot be compiled under SuSE 9.1, the CVS version has no problem.
- CVS HEAD version of plugin does not support OSD menu, use the
- The OSD is rather limited in functionality compared to a DVB card with onboard MPEG2 decoder. This makes it impossible to use plugins such as osdimage and osdpip. There have been lots of improvements to this in the
vdr-dxr3-0-2branch in CVS recently, though.
First, login to CVS:
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/dxr3plugin login
Then, check out the DXR3 plugin sources. At the moment, using the version in the
vdr-dxr3-0-2 branch is recommended; CVS
MAIN is not ready for general consumption yet. To check out the
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/dxr3plugin co -r vdr-dxr3-0-2 dxr3
The adventurous may check out the
MAIN branch with:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/dxr3plugin co dxr3
|||http://dxr3.sourceforge.net||Linux DXR3 and Hollywood+ driver projekt homepage|