Difference between revisions of "Dxr3-plugin"
(CVS -> Git)
|Line 90:||Line 90:|
Latest revision as of 12:59, 25 November 2013
With the DXR3 plugin one can use DXR3/Hollywood+ cards as output devices for VDR. The bargain of a costly FullFeatured DVB card can be avoided.
- em8300 driver
- Linux kernel sources
To install FFMPEG
cd $SOURCEDIR tar -xvzf ffmpeg-<VERSION>.tar.gz cd ffmpeg-<VERSION> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local \ --enable-shared make make install ldconfig
Now the kernel sources has to be installed for the em8300 driver which is installed after it. If a normal release is used
cd $SOURCEDIR tar xvzf em8300-<VERSION>.tar.gz cd em8300-<VERSION> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local make make install cd modules make make install make devices
if the CVS version (recommended) is used
cd $SOURCEDIR cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/dxr3 login cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/dxr3 co em8300 cd em8300/modules make make install cd ../em8300setup gcc em8300setup.c -o em8300setup -I../include cp em8300setup /usr/local/bin
Before the plugin is installed after plugin installation, the plugins Makefile has to be adapted
- DVBDIR = ../../../../DVB + DVBDIR = ../../../DVB - FFMDIR = ../../../../ffmpeg + FFMDIR = /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
- There are incompatibilities in combination with ac3overdvb-patch and a channels.conf with DD-Audio-Pids
- The em8300 driver release cannot be compiled under SuSE 9.1, the CVS version has no problem.
- SF.net Git master version of plugin is abandoned, use
- The OSD is rather limited in functionality compared to a DVB card with onboard MPEG2 decoder. This makes it impossible to use plugins such as osdimage and osdpip. There have been lots of improvements to this in the 0.2 series releases of the plugin, though.
- Some people reported unstability and flicker OSD problem with this plugin. Using skinelchi-plugin instead the default one usually helps.
- thread for osdpip-0.0.10 an dxr3 card .
- Patch for osdpip-0.0.10 an vdr-dxr3 card .
See cloning instructions at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxr3plugin/develop
It is recommended to use the
master is an abandoned development branch in the SourceForge.net Git repository.
To switch to
0.2-branch after cloning per the instructions above:
git checkout -b 0.2-branch --track origin/0.2-branch
If you feel adventurous, there's another development version of the plugin at http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-dxr3
|||http://dxr3.sourceforge.net||Linux DXR3 and Hollywood+ driver projekt homepage|