If you find a bug please report it on the linux-dvb Mailing list. Please include all relevant information (what hardware, what environment) and try to provide a simple test case, this makes it much easier to sport down the actual problem.
If you have an idea how to fix this bug please include the Bugfix in your mail.
A good problem report should include:
- a note of whether you're using the built in kernel drivers supplied by your distro or if you have installed the v4l-dvb driver set
- identification of the device
- lspci -vnn
- Dmesg log of module tuning and probing. It also nice to add audio_debug options to modules, tuner_debug option to tuner module and debug option to tda9887
- Television standard for your country.
- Exact sequence of actions that causes your problem.
- Generally, "your problem" is a combination of an app and a driver. Also generally, the problem only exists in one of those, but it isn't always easy to tell where. A big help is to check each part with various tools in the V4L Test Suite.