Revision as of 02:26, 13 August 2006 by Groogle
(Debian package name: dvb-utils. Sometimes also called dvbtools.)
List of utilities
- diseqc: Sends various diseqc sequences on a SAT frontend.
- set22k: Legacy tone switching for SAT frontends.
- setvoltage: Legacy voltage switching for SAT frontends.
- setpid: Set video and audio PIDs in the demux (only for hardware MPEG decoder)
- video: tiny video watching application
- test_sections: Hex dump of section data from stream.
- test_sec_ne: Like test_sections, but also test Not-Equal filter mode.
- test_pes: Hex dump of PES data from stream.
- test_tt: Demonstrate teletext decoding from PES data.
- test_av: Test audio and video MPEG decoder API.
- test_vevent: Test VIDEO_GET_EVENT and poll() for video events
- test_stc: Test DMX_GET_STC.
- test_stillimage: Display single iframes as stillimages
- test_dvr: Record a partial transport stream of selected PIDs to a file or a full stream if supported by the hardware
- loadkeys: a utility to setup IR control keymaps using /proc/av7110_ir interface
- scan or dvbscan: utility to generate channel lists for the currently tuned frequency.
- czap, szap, tzap: tuning utility for DVB.
See also the First steps with a budget DVB card for usage examples of some of these tools.