Revision as of 16:32, 17 January 2008 by CityK
The MPEG-2 Standard is defined in ISO-13818, which is comprised of the following documents (some of them are also published by ITU):
- ISO-13818-2 aka ITU-T H.262
- Conformance testing (read if you want to write a multiplexer or an encoder)
- Extensions for DSM-CC (Digital Storage Media Command and Control). The DSM-CC specification covers several different aspects of broadband service delivery. One of these includes the "Download" Protocol, which has several variations, including DSM-CC ObjectCarousel, which is used to transmit interactive multimedia information, such as is the case with MHP or MHEG-5 applications, and other data.
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)
For a full list of the MPEG-2 standard's documents, see the ISO website.
- Given that the MPEG-2 Standard is a superset of the MPEG-1 Standard, you will find that it will, in places, refer to the older MPEG-1 standards documents (especially in the case of audio coding), so you may wish to read ISO-11172 as well
- The DVB Standards
- The ATSC Standards