Revision as of 18:28, 17 January 2008 by CityK
The MPEG-2 Standard is defined in ISO-13818, which is comprised of the following documents (some of them are also published by ITU):
- ISO-13818-2 aka ITU-T H.262
- Conformance testing (read if you want to write a multiplexer or an encoder)
- Extensions for DSM-CC (Digital Storage Media Command and Control). The DSM-CC specification covers several different aspects of broadband service delivery, including that addressed by the "Download" Protocol. The Download Protocol, in turn, contains several variations, including the DSM-CC Object Carousel, which is used to transmit interactive multimedia information, such as found in the case with MHP or MHEG-5 applications, as well as other data.
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC)
For a full list of the MPEG-2 standard's documents, see the ISO website (link provided below).
- Given that the MPEG-2 Standard is a superset of the MPEG-1 Standard, you will find that it will in places (particularly in the case of audio coding discussions) refer to the older MPEG-1 standards documents, so you may wish to read ISO-11172 as well
- The DVB Standards
- The ATSC Standards