TODO - main tasks
Revision as of 06:47, 9 January 2006 by Liontooth
- Improve cards support - more autodetected cards, easy to use.(btw, is there any new hardware unsupported in v4l?) I think now v4l hardware will be slowly withdrawn, so we should not have much problems with support.
- Implement alsa support instead of oss for DMA sound (almost finished, we have working saa7134 code, working bt848, and cx88 is now working and being tested).
- Improve user documentation. It would be nice to have step-by-step description of installation process of saa7134 or cx88 or bttv-based card with translations and small notes for every card we know with links to general installation instructions.
- Organize automatic snapshot testing.
- gpio and eeprom detection for saa7134
- Automatically detect tvnorm: allow driver scan for sound carrier and detect needed standard, set it in tuner (and other clients) and report it. That's probably easy in saa7134 but less easy in cx88 and I can't see if it's possible for bttv.
- Teletext and closed captioning for cx88
- Closed captioning for HDTV
- FreeBSD and OpenSolaris port.
- Reorganize tuner database
- Plan API improvements