Talk:DVB via USB
Someone needs to explain how the firmware works. I, for instance, would like to know if the firmware loading that seems necessary is permanent or happens each time the device is plugged in (I don't want my Linux box to fry a perfectly good card and/or make it unusable in Windows because the ID's don't match (I'm thinking about the software that comes with it).
+ Not all these devices will run MythTV. The Avermedia A800 will not work with MythTV, and I cannot find anyone who has got it to work. Perhaps a word of caution for newbies who might assume all Linux applications will work with these devices even when the driver is loaded correctly and detected gby the application.
- I have an AverMedia A800, and it works fine with MythTV.
- Mrdemeanour 16:37, 9 October 2006 (CEST)
Page Format - Not easy to find information
I want to buy a DVB USB card. However, it's not so easy to know which one works just fine and which one doesn't. Other pages like linuxprinting.org have organised the printers in four categories, something like "Perfectly", "Mostly", "Partially" and "Paperweight". A suggested cards page would also be handy. This could be extended to every kind of card, not just to USB.
- I second this idea as a person who also struggled to get a good idea of the status of devices. Finding out its status once you own it is easy enough, but it's hard to see what to get hold of in the first place.
- -Steve Kerrison 19:05, 28 March 2007 (CEST)
- CityK 04:02, 29 March 2007 (CEST)
- Indeed, the present format/layout makes it very difficult to figure things out. As noted on the main page, this section will be incorporated into other sections, hopefully making things much easier and clearer for all. This, however, is going to take time. In the meantime, I encourage all users to help out and try to make the present content a little more comprehensible for the "next guy".
DVB USB diconnect warning?
What's with this edit, the sole contribution of that user. Only device I've seen this issue with is the Nova-T 500.
-Steve Kerrison 21:00, 26 July 2007 (CEST)
- Hi Steve - yep, noticed it a several weeks ago, but have not got back to amending it yet. There apparently are a couple of (dib0700 based) devices prone to the disconnects, but certainly NOTHING like what that message implies. Will change it now --CityK 06:58, 27 July 2007 (CEST)
Nova-T Stick and Elgato?
To which version(s) of the Nova-T stick does the Elgato comment refer? D.s 21:29, 30 July 2007 (CEST)
Reformat in progress; using Template:DvbDeviceList.
D.s 18:59, 31 July 2007 (CEST)