Re: Common Interface hoes

David Toth writes:
 >  That is program number (or also called service_id in SDT). I
 > don't have CI, but AFAIK program number is a must have thing for the
 > CAM. (CAM decrypts one program each time, and it needs some private -
 > ECM/EMM - streams. To find these streams the CAM should have to know the
 > program number, so it could look up them from the programs' PMT table). I
 > recommend you to use PNR for encrypted channels (but don't expect too
 > much, the Windows API says that most of the CI stuff is in the card's
 > firmware and Ralph mentioned that the firmware he got not contains these
 > parts.. - try using the firmware you got with the Win app? One more thing

No, the CI handling is present in the firmware. (Other parts were missing.)
Donīt use the Windows firmware since it is missing bugfixes and other features
(like NTSC support, pan/scan mode selection ...) which I added to the
firmware and which the driver relies on.

 > is that you have to use DVB_CHANNEL_CA for channel_flags in the frontend
 > structure - as I see some CA stuff in the Linux driver runs only in this
 > case. But these are just theory.. hope I help something, if I was wrong
 > please correct me..

Thatīs right. For crypted channels just set the PNR and the
DVB_CHANNEL_CA flag and forget about the normal video/audio PIDs.
(Of course you also need a CI-CAM and a valid subscription card)

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index