Re: eon with linux

>we want to use eon (our provider is ubcom) with linux. what we have:
>
>  - sattelite dish - setup correctly and working
>  - a working dvb-card - siemens compatible and working
>  - cable connecting the two - we get a nice picture watching pro7 on a tv
>connected with tv-out
>  - version6 (0.06) of the siemens card drivers
>  - followed the instructions in the "How to cascade your Squid proxy with
>EON" from www.zockbar.de/jargon/html/eon-proxy.html (this is a good one for
>the FAQ/Links section btw)
>
>so we compiled and insmod'ed the drivers and everything works fine - but how
>do i receive packets from the dvb0 device? My proxy is not responding to
>anything (well the eon-proxy is not responding either, which i know he is
>supposed to).

you're missing http://linuxtv.org/dvb/dvbrouter.tar.gz, yes, you
can't see it on the website but it's there.
inside you find dvbd, it's the dvb-daemon that does the reception of
the satellitepackets. you find a dvbd.conf. put it in /etc and modify
it to your needs, i'm using transponder 103 because my dvbd refuses
to connect to transponder 114 without any error message, it simply
doesnt't work.
you start dvbd as it is as console action with output or, in ip-up
script at best, as dvbd -d in daemon mode, don't forget to kill him
when your ppp-connection is down as he doesn't know the new ipnumber
when you reconnect, if you have a dialup connection.
now ping the corresponding proxy of the transponder you have choosen.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / sincerely

Mo Hataj

Systemadministration