Re: Stream's format handle by the Siemens board and the VDR

Mace Gael wrote:

> First of all, thanks for your previous advice about the "outstream=0"
> parameter with the driver version 0.7.x in order to handle AV_PES stream,
> format requested by the VDR version 0.63. It works fine.
>
> After studying the source code of the driver, it seems that, for recording
> and replaying purposes, the Siemens board is able to handle different format
> of stream: AV PES , PES, Program Stream and Transport Stream. Is it correct?
>
> However, the VDR is currently able to treat only AV_PES stream. Do you
> attempt to modify the application in order to handle the other formats?
> If I want to replay some external streams (already stored MPEG file, such as
> Transport Stream), I shall currently demultiplex these streams and create
> proper input files which could be used by the VDR. I'm interresting to do
> this job (for the community of course), but which is the format of the
> different resulting files: 00x.vdr (which contains the AV_PES stream), the
> index.vdr and resume.vdr files?

I don't have any additional documentation on the file formats, so you'll
have to look into the source code to understand them.

Time permitting, I'll look into the AV_PES stuff this weekend and will
modify VDR so that it directly works with MPEG2. However, the modified
VDR will then no longer work with AV_PES (I don't think it makes much sense
to support both formats simultaneously. Old recordings can be converted
with external utilities, or watched with an older version of VDR).

Greetings
Klaus