Re: Playing unencypted DVD?

Hi,

http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html#DVD
> but it can only plays encrypted DVD ;-((
>
> I have many unencrypted ones (L'enjeu,association de malfaiteurs,1 chance sur
2,...)
> that I just bought and I have no wish to watch them on the iMac of my
parent...

> Is there an easy way to plays those?
>-- End of excerpt from Gregoire Favre

The new dvdplayer-0.2 has an option "-c" that controls whether decss is used or
not. But even version 0.1 could play unencrypted DVDs provided there were two
dummy files disk-key and title-key in the directory where the program was
started. The decss layer gives an error in this case but continues anyway.

Peter

--
Peter Hofmann                  e-mail: junk@pxh.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index