AW: glitches, another story *g*

Schuett Thomas writes:

 > 	> I can confirm that heat is a problem. But, I get the glitches on cold
 > 	>machine and card too. I need to isolate the problem better before reporting.
 >
 > 	And I do not see the problems while *watching* TV, only when recording.
 > 	Does'nt this speak against the heat solution? Even more when I
 > 	watch with gVideo, so the card should have the same work to do.

He reported that he also has glitches during CPU and disk activities
which are unrelated to the card. In my experience such glitches are
caused by heat. Of course they would also occur during activities
related to the card (recording). And, as I said before, they are much
more often and stronger if you have a CI adapter connected to your
card and they completely disappeared for me when I used an extra fan
blowing on the card.

So, if you watch TV and compile a kernel and have no glitches,
fine. Then the reason for your problems lies somewhere else.
Otherwise, you may have a heat problem.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index