[linux-dvb] Re: OSD (was: Re: Maximum number of PES filters - 8?)

Hi all,

to use a still frame as a replacement for the OSD was something I was up
to when I started the EPG stuff and I still think that's a good idea as it
would allow to use high color-depth and more real-estated on the screen.

One thing that should be taken in consideration for that is: When the OSD
is used extensively that means that the driver will be switched into play
mode back and forth.

Is that something that could cause similiar issues in the driver as the
ones that we all see with switching the OSD on and off?

Regards,

Robert

---