[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.7, dvb0.8.1: problem with recording scrambled channels

Michael Ring wrote:

> Elbert Streek wrote:
> >
> > With the newest VDR version 0.7 i am able to record not scrambled
> > channels like CNN and ARD, but i cannot record for example the scrambled
> > dutch channel NED 1,2 and 3.
> > I use an IRDETO smart-card. The strange thing is that i can watch live
> > TV but i cannot record those channels anymore.
> >
> > Has someone an idea about the this problem?
> >
> > Elbert
> >
> > ---
> > Info:
>
> I have exactly the same problem; Recording of non-encrypted channels
> works fine, trying to record a crypted channel does not work. I am using
> dvb 0.81 & vdr 0.7 & vdr 0.71beta4. The channels.conf file is from vdr
> distribution
>
> I can view encrypted channels, but when I try to record the message is
>
> No free DVB-Device to record

If you're using the channels.conf as it comes with the VDR archive then
some encrypted channels (Premiere World) will be set for DVB device '2'
(since that's the one in my configuration that can actually receive PW).
Please make sure the 'Ca' parameter of the encrypted channels you want to
record from are set to '1' if you have only one DVB card.

Klaus