[linux-dvb] Re: TT-budget+ Smart card reader + PIII 700?

Preamble: I don't have a DVB-s card, i follow this list by many months

I don't know how exactly is the TT-budget but i think that it has at least
the VES1893 chip, i guess.
I'have found here
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/other/cms/ves1893.pdf
that in this chip there is a DVB descrambler.
If this is right, and it really implements the DVB Common scrambling
algorithm, it could be used to implement simple, public available, CA system
such as the 'Remotely Keyed Encryption Schemes' of cryptolabs. What is
missing is to manage the ECM and EMM of this CA system, but i this that this
could be done in software.

Pino

> Frankta writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >    I have a TT-budget card , I can use it to view free channel in my
PIII 700 PC.(Under Windoze). The DVB driver ver 0.8.0 says it also support
TT-budget.
>  > I have a smart card reader on my PC. How to view DVB encrypt program
using the TT-budget+smart card reader + PIII 700? I think  finally a full
functional card(with the ability of replaying)is not needed,because  buying
a PIII 700 should be cheaper than buying PII 233.
>  >

> You cannot view scrambled programs with the TT-budget card.
>
> The driver also only supports the tuning and the filtering of the
> incoming transport stream. For viewing you will have
> to write an application which does the MPEG2 decoding.
>
> Ralph
>

> ---
> Info:
linux-dvb" as subject.