[linux-dvb] VDR and DVB-C

I'm getting an increasing number of inquiries regarding the use of
VDR with a DVB-C card. Since I don't have cable myself I was wondering
if somebody with a DVB-C card could try the following with VDR
(available at http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/download.htm):

- load the driver and check whether you get a picture and sound
  (if not, the channel settings in your cable are different from
  what the driver sets as default, so you'll have to find out
  the frequency, symbol rate, VPID and APID settings yourself).
- create a 'channels.conf' with the following content:

  Test1:394:h:0:6900:610:620:0:0
  Test2:394:h:0:6900:610:620:0:0

- start VDR
- in VDR's Setup menu change both LNB frequencies to 0
- switch between the two channels (they both have the same settings,
  this is just to make VDR actually call the SetChannel function).
- if you get a picture and sound, try recording and playback

Please let me know what happens.

Klaus